Utility Manager has highly intuitive "point & click" menus that most people quickly master.
The main tasks are divided into the following menu areas:
- Setup: for setting up the site locations, utility vendors, utility accounts, and meters you wish to track.
- Monthly: for inputting your utility bills as well as updating local weather data and changes in square footage in your buildings.
- Reports: for easy selection of many different report types designed for different needs.
- Financial: for setting up utility budgets and analyzing how actual expenses compare to the budget.
- Avoided Cost: for calculating the weather-corrected savings from your efficiency efforts (optional module).
- Energy Star: for interacting with and downloading rating information from the EPA's Energy Star program (optional module).
- Emissions: for calculating your organization's "carbon footprint" and changes in that "footprint".
- Options: for customizing a variety of program options to tailor the program to your needs.
The Energy Center has slightly different names for some categories but is organized very similarly to Utility Manager.